Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

single big seller

Not applicable
any comments on the single seller /dumping stock
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Not applicable
mabey stegman is selling should have listened to simon brown
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
someone saw the rights offer coming.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
is this good or bad klapa
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this rights offer looks fishy as it seems only rothman can exrecise this rights offer .totally unfair for rothman to buy shares at 8 cents and the rest at market value .we as investers should also be able to take up rights issue at 8 cents would like to hear simon browns comment on this
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not correct, rothman just underwriting 30%, so he will only be able to pick up what existing holders don't want (over and above his rights as per what he holds) and you can also apply for extra ..
but why only R10m and why no 2 weeks after results ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
glad to have a gentleman like simon brown around .always gives proper perspective to everything this situation with the rights offer is the best thing that could have happend .and imagine that rothman is the one tht is prepared to buy any remaining stock that is available. thats the type of ceo i would to put my thrust in .if he is prepared to stake his own money as garauntee then what else more does an invester want thanks simon
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would have thought you would want to put your trust into a CEO that actually makes money - rather than one that has to protect the millions of his own money that is already invested in a sinking ship?
0 Kudos
masterblaster
Contributor
To answer Simon, I think its only R10mill because they dont want to ruin the share they just want to " take " as much as the can ... for nothing. I believe that they were "holding back" on the last results. This is how business men become stinking rich, watch THE MEN WHO BUILT AMERICA on the history channel. Play it down and buy for nothing then play it up again. Rothman stated that they are at the tail end of a number of projects. I gonna wait.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
always nice to hear masterblster comments. will you be a buyer at these levels and what is your opinion on the company itself
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HI I AM A BIG FOLLOWER OF MASTERBLASTER AND SIMON BROWN. AFTER READING MASTERBLASTERS COMMENTS LITTLE ADVICE TO ROTHMAN SOME LIKE TO BE KNOWN AS THE LIKES OF WARREN BUFFET/ALWALEED/AL ARIAN FROM PIMCO/WAYNE CURRIE/SHAPIRO ETC. AND OTHERS WOULD RATHER LIKE BE KNOWN AS THE LIKES OF CYPRUS/GREEK/AND ALL THAT FALL UNDER THIS LOT. I AM SURE THAT HE WOULD RATHER BE AMONGST THE EARLIER THAN LATTER YOUR NEXT SET OF RESULTS WILL BE THE TEST(BY THE INVESTING COMMUNITY) OF TO WHERE YOU AS A CEO BELONG.IT IS AFTER ALL< THE INVESTORS THAT WILL ADD OR DECREASE VALUE OF RBA.AS MASTERBLASTER SAYS THAT IT VERY COINCIDENTAL THAT ALL THIS LOSS FROM PROFIT/RIGHTS OFFER AND HEAVEN KNOWS WHATS NEXT WILL DECIDE RBA"S FAITH. LETS HOPE THAT RATIONAL BUSSINESS SENSE PREVAILS. ALL SAID I AM PREPAIRED TO HANG ON FOR ANOTHER QUARTER AND GIVE IT SHOT
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi skaapjkop just wanted to let you know that we should all congratulate ROTHMAN .AFTER HE HAS BECOME CEO HE HAS SUCCEEDED IN WIPING OUT 50 PERCENT OF HIS COMPANIES VALUE IE:FROM 14 CENTS TO 9 CENTS. NOW THATSA QUESTION I WOULD LIKE SIMON TO RESPOND TO .ANY WAY HE (ROTHMAN) IS NOTBOTHERED AS HE IS ONLY GOING TO BUY AT 8 CENTS . POOR STEGMAN EXERCISED HIS OPTIONS AT 20 CENTS. GOD HELP US ALL
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi skaapjkop just wanted to let you know that we should all congratulate ROTHMAN .AFTER HE HAS BECOME CEO HE HAS SUCCEEDED IN WIPING OUT 50 PERCENT OF HIS COMPANIES VALUE IE:FROM 14 CENTS TO 9 CENTS. NOW THATSA QUESTION I WOULD LIKE SIMON TO RESPOND TO .ANY WAY HE (ROTHMAN) IS NOTBOTHERED AS HE IS ONLY GOING TO BUY AT 8 CENTS . POOR STEGMAN EXERCISED HIS OPTIONS AT 20 CENTS. GOD HELP US ALL
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well looks like no need to take up rights issue as the stock will be 8 cents soon when simon said he will buy his at 8 cents that was brilliant cause he might have smelt a rat and 5 days later how true he was.when sens revealed that the director wants to buy at 8 cents while all others at 10/11/12/ good news all can buy at 8 or 7 soon and at 7 rothman will be paying a premium and not a discount
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you need to understand how rights issues work mate
0 Kudos
masterblaster
Contributor
I am out of AMMO on what I know about this share. It has a very secretive "nature". What I can say is that from a bit of experience it reminds me a lot of ACC-ROSS. That company come onto the scene above a rand and looked good. It steadily came down and I started buying at 50c,then 35c, then 13c or so I think [6 years ago]. I lost hope and sold at a loss. Not long after, Pinnacle merged with it at 71c per Acc-Ross share. I think that its lowest point was in the single cent digits. I am not saying that this share will bounce back as well, but the directors are buying and I think that Rothmans inexperience has failed to hide a good pocker face. The directors are in a big hurry to buy at these very low levels. As the other punters have said the proof will be in the September results pudding. Patience. The way this year is shootig past we will be there soon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi lets give him a chance i think he will surprise all any idea when will finalization of rights issue will be
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well somebody just went crazy ..
0 Kudos
stefanb
Contributor
Am I missing something, why the sudden burst?
0 Kudos