Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

small cap trading tip

Not applicable
In these troubled times, liquidity gets taken off the table and spreads widen significantly. This presents a very good opportunity for us little guys to stock up on our favourite small caps. Place your orders, nice and cheeky at extreme ends of the spread. You will be surprised how often you get filled. So I got filled with Arrow B two days ago at 311. That is almost 10% cheaper than the bid price now, which for a property stock, is a huge discount. The closing auction is a wonderful thing - except perhaps when you only get partially filled - so I picked up R1400 worth of Calgro at 320, hardly worth wowing the bank manager, but since I already hold Calgro, offloading them again will not be a problem
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Quakedog
Super Contributor
I also think you will be able to buy many of these small shares at good prices for quite a few years coming up which means you should stock up and then flog them in like 2020 at a hansom profit then go to Mexico for the rest of your life on holiday.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Better be darn sure you buy quality pennies. I don't like this market. A new wave of negative Greece and Spain news will now take us to who knows where ? The deep value in some commodities is a good indicator of that lies beneath. I hope we can just ease out of this slow growth and not hit a bloody resession again.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Agreed, skaaptjop. Thanks for the reminder.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Why stock up on small caps when you can stock up on blue chips at a discount....
0 Kudos