Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

small observation

Brazen
Super Contributor
If I mess up my finances and go to the wall I'm toast. No one cuts me a break - least of all the bank. But banks scr*w up big time, and they get rescued by central bankers.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
divz
Super Contributor
Brazen, youre call on the dow ending green could be good only down 30 pts now.The whole banks bail out thing gives a little false sense of security though, are they not just cushioning the blow or delaying the fallout??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well Brazen because if you go to the wall only Gravy and a few here notice and nobody (apart from gravy) gets hurt. A big bank goes to the wall, everybody notices and feels the pain.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thing is now the hedge funds and banks know that if they are reckless there is every chance of a bail out. So little chance they will mend their ways.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
True that Simon - I'm not saying it's not necessary, but it sure isn't fair. And when they were making money hand over fist they were topping up their houses in the Hamptons and getting trophy wives. Also john, remember you've got to have a net worth of over $5 million to even enter a fund, so these guys aren't eating baked beans now. The rich - God bless em.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Whats wrong with trophy wives
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Why don't you ask a very pregnant mrs john that? Go on, I dare you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Trophy + wife = Oxymoron
0 Kudos