Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sneaky sens

Not applicable
Now how is the market supposed to interpret such a sens ? Firstly, they issue it under their pref share listing (*****s) - secondly - EPS up and HEPS down (ok some fair value accounting tricks there) - then the HEPS down (more testimony to the real issue) but they include the offload of their commodity business in HEPS, so I am confused. And when I am confused about stock - I prefer to offload - especially if they have broken support.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable
A quick look at this - GND's interims last time had trading contributing around 10% of ebitda. They have offloaded this - so that will account for some losses. But the remaining 20% reduction looks bad... Not sure how they can blame industrial action, because the period under review would have been the platinum strikes - and I mean really, how much platinum can they ship? At a PE of 22, you would expect a decent gain. One thing worth looking at though, on the full year earnings, trading resulted in a R100m loss, which has now been removed - so maybe things aren't all as bad as they seem, but way too much uncertainty for me!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
That makes sense, lets watch what they do over the next few reporting intervals...
0 Kudos