Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

so, Mandela

Rams
Super Contributor
is it time
0 Kudos
50 REPLIES 50
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
You're stuttering again, Rams. His time has come, and so has the time come for those who were waiting anxiously on "his time". May he be blessed with mercy before he is finally released from the doctors who are keeping him "alive". And may the rest of the world (that is: including ourselves, parliament, jobless mobsters - of which their are millions) remember that we cannot afford to lose too many hours of sleep or work because of this extraordinary inevitable event.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, you know, we been here so many times before, even the ambulance decided not to move!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Absolute stunner, and that the news hounds managed to make that public after so many days! If you compare the US president preparations (to which No. 1 aspires to compete at least flight wise) to old Madiba's care, one would really have to worry (nr. 1 also) about the care which awaits him when (IF) he gets that old... ! Eish, they could have AT LEAST arranged a standby 3 Ton army truck with cancass cover at the back for the old man.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, maybe the US knew about it long before us,,becos they sent a memo that their No 1 will be coming with their own hospital, police force , army and kitchen...and some Whip said that we are more than prepared to look after their No 1.... but the US kindly told them that they talking No 2!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, maybe the US knew about it long before us,,becos they sent a memo that their No 1 will be coming with their own hospital, police force , army and kitchen...and some Whip said that we are more than prepared to look after their No 1.... but the US kindly told them that they talking No 2!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm thinking about a trading strategy around the time Madiba's death is announced.... short is all that comes to mind. General productivity will go to zero. Probably 2 days public holiday around the funeral date. By the way... Qunu residents are renting their homes out to journos at 90k per 7 days. Don't mean to sound so fatalistic, but what are the odds really of him recovering?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the market will not react to his death...but start shinnining those coins
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the market will not react to his death...but start shinnining those coins
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
You're still stuttering. Me thinks this country will have a couple of days where you will wish that you were abroad, maybe in Oz. During that time the punters will take what they can and we all will be in red (hopefully without any real bloodshed). So, even though the market might have discounted his imminent death and so on, there is still a lot downturn to come.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Got a few ;) saw your 34600 target was taken out. Good call!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
today was easy becos,there was a strong trend.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
today was easy becos,there was a strong trend.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
sorry about the stutter Chatty, but do you really think the market will react ...we know that our markets dont really react to SA news...i mean not enuf to make you some decent money...people in this country have become so immune, most have forgotten Mandelas ideals...so my bet is no reaction from the markets and no reaction on the streets.did i stutter?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
sorry about the stutter Chatty, but do you really think the market will react ...we know that our markets dont really react to SA news...i mean not enuf to make you some decent money...people in this country have become so immune, most have forgotten Mandelas ideals...so my bet is no reaction from the markets and no reaction on the streets.did i stutter?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
So, Trevor will safeguard Mandelas legacy....with Cyril Ramaphosa there possibly for the next 12 years, I think our markets will just go on the up and up.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Yeah, you're still stuttering... :-) and so it (the market) recovers a bit as per your post/prediction. Maybe the present outflux of support from the SA market which now relocates (mostly to the to the US) is an indication of mistrust in our expected inability to deal with old Madiba's imminent death? Personally, I find it awkard that so much is at stake based on a man who has been in retirement so long already and almost disfunctional for at least 2 years until now. It just shows how mentally underdeveloped our population is and to which extent the world is emotionally attached to a martyr. Now we even have to fend off a protest against the visit of jumping-jack-when-descending-from-the-stairs-of-Air-Force-1 Obama.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well, looks like he has died judging from CNN?
0 Kudos