Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

so taday was a K@k day..?

Not applicable
So upon reflection today was a really k@k day for me ....I made a profit but I sold too early...I was long topdwm and sold before the CPI announcement...mainly because I had other stuff to do and my charts were not working......It cost me about 10 grand in potential profits...the thing is you need to stay positive ....I made the right decision at the time....and I still made a very good profit....so now we wait for a pullback and we get back in....
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
CLS
Occasional Contributor
Still like MTN!?! Price action wasn't to convincing today. I'm also long MTN but didn't see the buyers really coming in yesterday and today! What do you think!?!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
C - Can u explain why the future is 450 points ahead of TOPI. They normally quite close together. Could it be because of close-out next week or is a pull-back in the future imminent?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dont feel too bad Chartman, Same here for SABSBH, Sold on Thursday for a nice little profit and alas look what happened friday. On the bright side... a profits a profit...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Never mind C. It could be far worse. Just think, your name could be Acehigh and you could've predicted the end of world markets at 2.30 on Tuesday.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry, got the wrong numbers @" list of indices".
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
this is why trading is such an oddity. The right thing can cost money and the wrong action can make money ... Tough on the head ...
0 Kudos
acehigh
Contributor
Hey Brazen / CE Can't you guys take a joke i was only shaking your cages . The Doomsday expert is our mate Zarp , S@%t hope he dumped those puts ....... aaa of course he did !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I doubt if he did....hence silencioso.....
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
So Chartist, what do you expect to happen today on the market?
0 Kudos
acehigh
Contributor
S&P Futures up a measly 3 points , Nasdaq Futures up a measly 3.25 points . Why the go slow ? What are the yanks up to ? What do they know that I don't ?????????? , No big data today ! weird
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
acehigh
Contributor
No nooo , an hour ago was S&P up 9 points , Nasdaq up 18 points . aaaaaaaa who cares market up today , me thinks 250 points would be nice .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
to answer the question about what is likely to happen today....we should see a move down to 26600 to close the gap and work off some of the overbought short 5 and 10 min RSI's
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there...you go you just had your entry point for going long Top 40...
0 Kudos
sax
Frequent Contributor
C how do you see what will happen during the day? Do you have a system that shows you info on the day so you can analyze it?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i have crystal balls...
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Naphthalene? or Swarovski
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
sax
Frequent Contributor