Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

so the Greeks couldn't agree

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and the market goes up ..
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Blik
Super Contributor
Reminds me of a John Prine song - "thats the way the world goes round"
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That is why these "scientific" trading methods presented as absolutes are a joke. Its always the left hook that gets you. Unless you expect it - then its the right cross!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well only the only thing that matters is price .. and it's the right hand price, the left stuff history ..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
A Sonny Bill Williams left hook nog al
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, Greece talking about defaulting on Euro 14bn, and BoE purchasing 50bn GBP worth of assets in its QE programme. ECB holds its rates - we get to see which of the events are more significant, if at all?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, and greeks agreed on most .. but even so market m0ved 100 points .. heck that largely non event ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
For a change - I can see no reason to argue - other than to add: stick to quality. (AND no stories about: "unless one is short" - I have no interest in that side of things.)
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
...sell the facts. Dow fatigue about to set in.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dep, 4 words .. high of the day ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dep, 4 words .. high of the day ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
...oops Simon one word - Nasdaq turn negative
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, that be dredging in my book ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
lol, dow, s&p, Nasdaq negative... anyway we'll see later. Oh Alsi futures also turn negative
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Greece has to find another 325 million Euros spending cut to qualify for the bailout that would prevent it from defaulting next month ...if they cut spending by 325m, they get 130 billion Euros...seems like a good risk/reward so
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If the worry is Greece, look who has the major backing at the April elections. Also they have never met any of the targets set at every bailout so it will make no difference. Euro lite or euro exit its now irrelevant. Bailout is used to pay the banks that lent it money in the first place so its mainly a bailout for the other euro countries.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
The package over which all the fur and feathers are flying - is only going to reduce Greek debt to 120% - so that is no long -term solution - they will leave the Euro.
0 Kudos