Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

so were are the INL value buyers now?

kwagga
Super Contributor
Even the professionals sometimes get caught up in the hype. Taking their line of clothing, egos's and so forth out of the picture; they remain mostly human and prone to human error.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The most human of errors, our inability to see into the future.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
only a queen would call a maltese poodle a terrier.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err, actually it wasn't anybody from Stanlib. They did not present for us last year.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Bwhahahaha! Come on C, a Maltese Terrier?? What were you gonna call him? Killer?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes it was ...he was on TV with that Bronwyn i am as thick as two planks woman
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja much better value today...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Chartist. Do you think the worst has been priced into this share. Or do you think it wil go lower?
0 Kudos
juggie
Contributor
Hi,I'm a real novice,really enjoy reading comments,learnt alot so thanks all.Chartist as per platsak,never mind do you think it will go lowere,I would like to know do you or anybody think it will regain previous mark of say R75
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I will bet my testicles that it will go to 75...in fact that it will go to 100...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
in fact that may be a good time to buy it...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Not that anybody here wants your testicles as a prize but why are you so sure.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John....unless they close their doors they will reach that level again...maybe a few months...a few years.....its all about the timing...thats what I wanted to convey with that seemingly reckless statement.....living in a Roffey universe where time is immaterial
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Didata comes to mind, even with doors open the highs are not a certainty, but I do agree with you VALUE is a another way of saying if I put this in a trust and leave it to my Greatg reat great grandchildren I might break even.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Value buying has a place most definitely...problem is it is so often used as an excuse by ppl who have no idea of actual value...the only value reference they have is that something was previously valued at a certain value and then they think it has to attain that value again...the problem with this strategy is that it never assigns any probability to the possibility....all that there is conventional wisdom and hope....neither of which are strategies......of course the peddlars of snake oil use the its fallen so far it cant go any lower startegy combined with a marketing strategy which just focusses on the ones that actually do go up again...thats how they manage to get 80% of calls right...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
C is 100% correct. My Grandad, who made a fortune outta the markets had one very simple philosophy. Always said buy ON THE WAY up and sell ON THE WAY down. Never said buy at the bottom and sell at the top. ON THE WAY is the mantra. Sadly, it is advice I have sometimes ignored. And it's always cost me.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Brazen It has taken me 5 years of daily market involvment to truly intergate that into my thinking. I totally agree with this and you know what it is so simple to implement.
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
funnily i have held investec underlying shares for good few months now as i thought 68 was a great buy,at 58 i went short it to hedge myself...today i sold my underlying even though it represents good value the opportunity cost of 10% risk free in the bank and investec potentially going nowehere but down for the next 6 months left me wanting nothing to do with it NOW
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
John are you suggesting that timing the market in the short term is "so simple"?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jees..just when u thought 48 was a good price....
0 Kudos