Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

so what did ben say

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
Rams
Super Contributor
Somebody will take profit at the open on Monday...but will be sweating the entire weekend, have sheep less nights..... However, Bernanke gave no clear signal that the Fed will take action at its Sept. 12-13 meeting. Initially, Bernanke's remarks sparked a sell-off on Wall Street. Yet, after having time to digest all of his remarks, investors began buying stocks, appearing to take comfort in Bernanke's willingness to take action as needed.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah Simon essentially he tried his very utmost best to say nothing amd to a degree he succeeded. Of course as I am sure you will agree the question is not what he said but how the market reacted and it reacted pretty much as expected (from my perspective)...an initially rally and then a fade....of course there are always people who will seek to make sense of it and look for reasons or motives (see above) but I suppose thats just their conventional mind seeking convenient explanations...
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
He asked if we could keep it to ourselves, but gave invites to his throwover party.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It was like "We wont give you QE" market (DOW/S&P) falls. "I meant right now but we may (read will) in the future" market goes up "But Im not saying when" Market goes back to pretty much where it was Only winner was the precious metals camp. - P
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
But more important, the litmus test, what's the count....
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Oh, Ben said (read between the lines): lots of trouble coming soon to the Global Economy - and we need to help Obama win. So on those two points I will be print lots of $ very soon but I can't promise the rally will last long...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
you read too much... and how does that help you to make money?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... and my "insider" tell me the ECB will disappoint - and that's a big one on Thursday!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Rams, you still sitting on cash? It must be stinking by now...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no ...trade ALSI futures intraday...been adding to my portfolio...and waiting for BIL , SOL, and MTN...you know the prices
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... so you Shorting ALSI today?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no...been long...in profit..engulfing candles(Simons sysytem...so everything on chart for you to see...no mumbo jumbo stuff)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
mbona mfupi wakati soko ni kwenda wapi?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what time period is engulfing?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Sysytem Simons inajulikana hapa ... hivyo catch up katika muda wako mwenyewe au kwenda kwa moja ya kozi yake
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what period is engulfing?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Sysytem Simons inajulikana hapa ... hivyo catch up katika muda wako mwenyewe au kwenda kwa moja ya kozi yake
0 Kudos
Not applicable
funny because i just went short at 31290...based on engulfing
0 Kudos
Not applicable
but then again i have never ever seen anything but a postfact post from you regarding set ups or levels...
0 Kudos