Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

so whats today about then

Not applicable
today is about nervous shorts...mostly....the key to day is watching the gap close on the FTSE...i would wait for this to fade and then short the rallies...all i see is greedy but nervous shorts....they seem to be what is keeping us afloat and I am a huge bull...I dont have charts in front of me today show just watching the order flow....but of course I wouldnt argue with a gap close...so wait for this picture to really come into focus...if we see a sell off it will be obvious
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
my words are not even cold....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Charist In your opion (which seems to be a very qualified one)where do you see the All Share closing today Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no charts open...cant tell you...i have a short setup which will fire off significantly lower than we are at now ...thats all I can tell you today...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
had an email from someone telling me I must be cuckoo....yes seems like it and i prolly am...but shorts do prop up a market...esp the really excited ones that anticipate rather than wait....i can see we need a video on this...
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
How does this work exactly? I'm guessing: we open down and people start buying shorts. Ever time the market dips they buy more. For some reason this pushes the market up, and the gap closes? At this point the prem-shorts panick, sell their positions, and the market moves lower? Why does selling the market cause a rally? Or have I lost the plot?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
saash the only way to get out of a futures short is to buy another contract (short 1 contract - to get out must buy 1 contract)and buying then pushes the market up. You can also search google for what is called a short squeese. Sorry for the spelling.
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Short squeeze - now that is interesting - sort of like having your nuts squeezed
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
and also works the other way round eg you have long position but market goes south so you sell your long position therby fuelling the downward movement.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
you understand it when you have been sqeezed believe you me it hurts,
0 Kudos