Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

so where are we today

Not applicable
we had a nice gap play...almost perfect...no actually it was perfect to the last point...we have retraced to the 61.8%level...in fact we have penetrated it which means I have to be bullish for the rest of the day...
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
let me rephrase that we have retraced 61.8% of the sell of intradday sell off we had
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist, Do you look for a close above the 68%,or does just penetration count.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes...when you asked this I was ...I think I know why you ask this....tut tut....John you gotta have patience....
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Chartist you going long tomorrow?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nope.....short if anything
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
alsi or specific shares?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
alsi...we have a gap about 1000 pts down....which looks like it needs filling ....broke my rule and went short at the close today....
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
mhhh was thinking about a short position but I wonder. ohh well we will see at market open.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I couldnt resist selling to John as he was scramblimg to get out of his shorts...man it wasnt pretty....we put on 150 pts in 30 min....
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
by the way what happened to your online posts? looked for the page but says not available. Can you repost a link. think it would make sense to wait for selling to ease at open an buy some retailers before the int rate announcement (speculating on rates not changing) how many longs you think there are overnight counting on rates not changing?
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Here's one ;) Just look at JDG today as proof...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the rates not changing is all in that very last trade of the day at 29094...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Tut tut Chartist. I may have been selling but it was only to exit my very profitable longs, The only shorts I had were during the closing Gap.
0 Kudos