Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sol

jakes007
Contributor
What are the indicators for sol. oil is above 141 and the $ below $7.90. Why is sasol not at its previous high levels?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SD
Contributor
I could ask the same question, why??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow - this is on almost exactly the same set of supports as Exxaro - it's testing the bottom of a channel, AND a 23.6& retracement AND a double bottom. To be watched carefully - a bit too risky to long unless it bounces, or to short, unless it breaks downwards.
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
If ever you dont like trading anymore AvS, you will make a great politician. lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it's called hedging your bets. Like the weather forecast - If it doesn't rain today, it'll be dry.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Actually, what I'm trying to say there is that any share in such a pattern is at a slightly more-risky-than-normal price. This happens at the top & bottom of any channel, and is where I get out of my positions until the direction has been established slightly more firmly.
Of course, it's still a numbers game, so a certain number of trades WILL go the 'wrong way.' It's called specultation. It's not a printing factory . . .
0 Kudos