Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

some advise please on where to get intraday data that goes back futher

Electrox
Super Contributor
than on IG index or Pro-realtime charts.. I find that the charts on Ig index only go back a certain level on the 5min--1hour charts.. does any1 here use something elese where they can see intraday data 5min hourley charts say like more than 1 year ago...? thx
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
timba
Frequent Contributor
Hi Electrox, i have also been looking for that data, and the closest i have had is on idealcfd's charts, but the problem with them is that you don't get it on a five minute, spanning that far back. so if you find something out there pls post it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why ? if you had a 5 min chart and it could go back 20 years it would look like one thick line
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
No hennie,, i wanna zoom in a certain time frame say the 1hhour chart for lets say jan 2006-mar 2006.. so that one can back test sytems etc.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I have the number of a guy who supplies data.. he has the last 5 years of alsi for about 6 hundred bucks You can the retro fit into amibroker. I will look for it for you.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Johan Stander.. email [email protected]... 5 years alsi data in tick form for R300 good luck
0 Kudos