Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

someone just mailed me....

Not applicable
Someone just emailed me and asked how I can predict price moves. Well the short answer is I cannot - no one can. What I can do is us fibonacci levels which have very high levels of correlation with price movements. I am constantly amazed at how powerful the use of fibs are. Of course they are not perfect and you need to be aware of this but buying in the direction of a trend on a fib retracement can improve your timing dramatically. The great thing is you can apply them to absolutely anything and any time period from a tick to years. Also great for buying multiple lots...
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
bothac_1
Contributor
Hi...do you mind telling me a bit more about these "fibs". Is there a website where I can read more? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, in a nutshell they rely on the natural order of things - a ration between things that is found everywhere. As the market is made of the collective actions of people (natural things) there is an order in their actions which conforms to the ratio. www.investopedia.com should have stuff. The theory which Fibs rely on is not some Hocus pocus but is something which is used extensively by scientists and other such serious people...
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
if after all your research and u still cant predict movement then u should not be trading-instead be cahrting graphs for others and making a better income .
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
to digress: the fact that fibs have so many uses, is awe inspiring
0 Kudos