Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

spread trading on the FTSE and Wall Street

Not applicable
Can anyone recommend a platform for trading these markets, where commissions aren't charged? I am aware of IdealCFD's, but they charge commissions on the trades
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
everybody charges you comm. They ahve to otherwise it is charity. point is where do they put(hide) the comm.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
skaaptjop, kyk na www.gt247.com. Jy kan spreads en CFD trade op 2 verskillende platforms.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Simon, IdealCFD's doesn't charge comms on the JSE (I guess they hide it in the 30 point bid/ask spread). The issue is that trading with a rand based account, means that you have to pay a cash handling fee each time, which is absorbed into the comms - this is what I am trying to avoid
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they hide it and that's preferred ?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Dis nes daai bliksems wat wegsmyt varktjops as vlakvarktjops aan die kaap se toeriste teen 'n premie smous! Wonnerlik.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaapjop.....their trading cost is actually about ZAR 600 per transaction....30 x 10 in and 30x10 out....this is if u buy the equivalent of say one also contract...crazy crazy....these platforms are for fools only...the kind of people that go to the tote...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Definitely not preffered, that is why I am looking for a platform. Chartist, I completely agree with you on the points spread. By my calculation, the TOPI's average transaction range is about 800 points. Assume you can make 50% of that on average, that is 400 points. The spread is therefore about 7,5%. This doubles if you are setting say a 60point stoploss. So 15% of potential earnings are tied up in the spread, not a great sum at all!
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Have a look at IGIndex.co.uk or igindex.com - good technical tools!!
0 Kudos