Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

stagnating?

DaMerlin
Contributor
or are we just waiting for further news on the proposed sale before a move up? We still trading at about 50% of NAV
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
Gof
Contributor
I'm taking profits as it's had a strong run. Looking to possibly buy on a pullback if it happens....
0 Kudos
DaMerlin
Contributor
Offer in to buy the company at 1225c!
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
We still do not know how much cash the Co has and what will happen to the cash that they will generate at current gold and R prices.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
according to last set of results Cash and cash equivalents at the end of June ws some R157m
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
Thanks Simon. What is going to happen to the cash at hand. Will it be distributed to the share holders?
0 Kudos
kn_1
Occasional Contributor
Any reason why the share is not trading closer to the (supposedly) guaranteed R12.25?
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
My experience is that the share prices mostly gain a day or two after the announcement. We still do not know what is going to happen to the cash that Village has.
0 Kudos
DaMerlin
Contributor
I do not believe we will get the cash as it is part of the company and the bidders are buying the entire company (cash and liabilities included)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
cash goes to the new owners
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
uncertainty that the deal will happen .. the news is out an in the price pretty much immediately
0 Kudos
LHS
Occasional Contributor
In my opinion the village shareholder is beign screwed again. They were braggign about millions for Tau and the significant value from the platimum feasibility study. The 2014 report valued co at over a billion rand....... sellign to chinese at 50% discount.....
0 Kudos
DaMerlin
Contributor
50% discount to previously reported figures, but still 100% higher than the SP was 3 months ago. It was trending downwards seemingly indefinitely, so really I'm not complaining
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
I think that we as shareholders are being really taken for a ride. This deal is fishy. The company can generate half this amount in cash by year end. Yet they sell the whole company including cash on hand for 600m. This is BS. This deal has to be stopped. obviously the directors and probably some big shareholders have received some underhanded payments. This is BS. I am not going to lose my life savings to these Dammed Crooks. We have to vote NO to this transaction taking place. I am sure that the directors and some big shareholders must have received underhanded payments to make this deal happen. I mean they already have R150m cash on hand, and by July they probably will have another R150m cash on hand. That is R300m cash on hand. Even if it is R200m, that means that the Chinese are buying the whole company for R400m, i.e R8 a share. This is BS.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I totally agree. And it also looks that Heaven Sent bought already almost 10% of Village for between R11 and R11.30. There was a time when Bernard Swanepoel valued Lesego on NPV of R6.6bn and later was reduced to R700 and also a time when Tau was valued at R1.5bn. They also tried to sell Cons Murch for R250m and at the end they most propably going to give it a way with a R22m bonus. Looks like Ferdi Dippenaar pockets all the money at the cost of the share holders. It shows you that company directors are idiots when they boasts with the value of companies. There are still investor presentations on the companies website indicating all the info I mention.
0 Kudos
DaMerlin
Contributor
It is not sufficient to only look at our cash on hand. We had liabilities in excess of R700m which will be taken over by the potential buyers. I have been in and out of this share quite regularly over the past 4 years and honestly, it seems a fair offer (just look at our SP 3 months ago)
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
The major problem is that we as share holder do not communicate enough on these platforms and stand together to fight this BS. I feel Ferdie Dippenaar is the most destructive director and likely got offered another job already. One must never invest in a company where these Swanepoels and Dippenaars are involved.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I( think we must send an e-mail to Ferdie Dippenaar and let him understand how we feel about the transaction and his loyalty. You must also remember that most of the workers will also quickly replaced by Chinese from China which will lead to further jo problems in SA. The Chinese are already building a China Town at Modderfontein. They will most likely use Buffels land as well.
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
I agree with you 100%, Eppies. Lets all stand together and do something constructive.
0 Kudos
dee82
Contributor
so wat happens to shareholders shares if the company delists from the jse in May?
0 Kudos