Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

stagnating?

dee82
Contributor
so wat happens to shareholders shares if the company delists from the jse in May?
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
If the majority of share holders vote in favour of the transaction it will go through. There will be dates provide to indicate the last date to trade on the JSE and at a predetermined date you will see your shares disapear from your portfolio and the cash will be available in your account. There is not much that one can do at this stage, because about 34% of the share holders are in favour of the deal and yesterday another 7 to 8% share were traded, which I think was bought by Heaven Sent, which already push the percentage in favour up to over 40%. Then just another 5 to 6% needs to vote in favour of the deal. I also noticed that the direct e-mail address to Ferdie Dippenaar and other directors have been removed from Village website. It is now a matter of, are we going to hold the share and wait for the predictable outcome or are we going the sell. I personally feel I want to get out as close as possible to the R12.25 or wait for the deal to run its co*****. If the share price drops further and we get the option to vote, I will appose the deal. I feel Village could have got more money if Lesego and Tau were sold seperately. I feel for the guys that hold the share from the old Simmers and Jack that bought the share at over R20 and held on it for many years and now sit with a major loss. I still don't know why the concilidation in the shares took place. Most properly to cover the echo of the directors to indicate what happened to the share price, in rand value, on their cv's without explaining the reality.
0 Kudos
LHS
Occasional Contributor
As a screwed shareholder from Simmers days.. my vote will most definitely be a great big fat...NO.... hope the rest actually vote.
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
My vote also a definite NO, unless they distribute to the shareholders as a special dividend all the cash on hand when they do finalize the deal.
0 Kudos
DaMerlin
Contributor
If we do vote no, and the offer is rejected, our SP is likely to go back down to the 500c range or even lower I think... Unless there is another buyer
0 Kudos
maq
Contributor
If not another buyer, at least the company will start generating a good cash flow, with all the loss making assets out of the way. Probably 300m a year.
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
It looks like Heave Send will buy this company for under R11 pershare if one loook at the volume of shares trading at this moment. The Chinese knows how to say one thing and do something completely different to favour them. One of these days we will be flooded by all the Chinese that come to this country.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
heaven sent can not buy below the offer price, even in open market, until the offer lapses
0 Kudos
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for that info. I wonder who is buying then?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
people buying below proposed take over price for some quick(ish) profits
0 Kudos
Not applicable
labat africa share price to increase dramatically in 2015 the Company has been short-listed as a preferred bidder in relation to a potential acquisition of one of the other logistic opportunities. Shareholders are advised that, as a preferred bidder, the Company has signed a non-binding non-exclusive term sheet, with a certain party (?the Seller?) in terms of which Labat will acquire the Seller?s business assets and operations (?the Sale Assets?) (?Proposed Transaction?). In terms of the Proposed Transaction, Labat will acquire the Sale Assets for a purchase consideration of R627.5 million (six hundred and twenty seven million and five hundred thousand Rand) to be settled in cash. this one is looking good. check it out
0 Kudos