Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

standardbank....?

Not applicable
can sum1 please help me.... up ...>?down...? sold some on WED, coz chart showed so... now its on the up rise again... should i buy or wait...? coz can't figure this out.
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
platsak
Super Contributor
Bluechip. Wasnt it you who said the share cannot get back to mid to high eighties. a week ago.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i might of said something to that effect so yes... but my concern is that is this still a bear market, and will this share fall below R75
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well surely the big Q is - is this still a bear market ?? everybody assuming this is a bear market rally - but is it ??
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And to state the obvious - every bull run starts with a bear market rally. . . .
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, exactly .. of cos if one just trades the price this is all just academic banter while we wait for the next long weekend ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PLEASE guys don't confuse me more than i already am... so this is a rally...? then bear market is coming to an end i presume...???????
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Forget the technical stuff - gossip is that SBK looks at a chunk of ABSA, so either get into the ASA bull run or...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I'm 70% sure the answer is still yes. The 30% is better economic numbers out overseas + the fiscal boost should help sooner or later.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Bluechip this is either a bear rally or the start of a bull market if a bear rally then prices will after a while continue downward if a bull market then prices will continue to go up.The trick is to decide which it is remembering that bear rallys can last for some time before coming back anyway imo for what its worth its a bear rally.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
SBK looks at a Chunk of ABSA - do you mean they want a stake? was there any articles on this, pls post link then! thanks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks divs.... so still got a chance to get in. do you think that it could spiral down towardS R60 or EVEN R50... the price chart is very confusing, no real indication of where to next from tomorrow..
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
I dont think it will go back to those levels but see resistance at 82/78/76 if it breaks 76 we may see more serious downside. Most of the rallys going through the 82 mark just were not very convinceing and i expect it to come back below 82 in near future.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Only a reference to the possibility over the radio. Reinet was also mentioned as a possible candidate to take a position with ASA. This originated from high volumes of ASA shares changing hands last week, but no info available on who the buyer(s)might be, with ASA company secretary on leave, only speculation reigns.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Anyone thinking of shorting Std or any other Banks.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Yebo, got back into the water a bit earlier today. Shorted OML and AGL.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sbk going all the way up to R90...?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Bluechip. Both the RSI and Stoastic has moved into the overbought position. This useally is an indication that we are nearing the end of the present run within the next day or two or at least that its not the best place to go long. IMO we might see a correction from here or a slight increase in price before it corrects.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thank you SIR.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Wil jy meer! Dit the same this afternoon.
0 Kudos