Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

stop loss agl

Not applicable
hi guys thanx 4 help on s/l yday.i went short again on agl and recoupe most of my losses!big question now should i get out or where do the techies see the short term bottom 4 agl (3-4 days) help!dummie
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
kwagga
Super Contributor
How do you expect anyone to answer that question ? This is the time your trading strategy need to kick in. The trading strategy should determine your buy, sell signal i.e. you loose 15% you sell, you make 15% you sell. Trying to figure out where the price would be in a few days time is really setting yourself up for continued losses.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
How do you expect anyone to answer that question ? This is the time your trading strategy need to kick in. The trading strategy should determine your buy, sell signal i.e. you loose 15% you sell, you make 15% you sell. Trying to figure out where the price would be in a few days time is really setting yourself up for continued losses.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanx kwagga ur 100% correct!i will do that
0 Kudos
JPDR1
Contributor
Agree with Kwagga, especially with a share like AGL you must have a very clear entry and exit strategy. Trading geared instruments makes it even worse.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwgga is right,but if you really are a bull bear (risk taker the support is about 241-248 (bigger support at 241). But you MUST know what yr exit target is and stick to it...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Hond - Buy "Trading in the zone" read and study it and follow his advice religiously if you don't want to become another market statistic.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Who knows, maybe in a few years time you could upgrade that nic of yours to lion.
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Vertel die kwagga die hond :-)
0 Kudos
hippo
Contributor
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
The Animal Farm, by George Orwell
0 Kudos