Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

talk about being caught with your pants down!

john_1
Super Contributor
An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly and made the world community smile. A representative from Israel began: "Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought, 'What a good opportunity to have a bath!' He removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water. When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Palestinian had stolen them." The Palestinian representative jumped up furiously and shouted, "What are you talking about? The Palestinians weren't there then." The Israeli representative smiled and said - "And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech."
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Classic!! Had dealings with both Israelis and Arabs and found both can be very clever, but I think the Israelis stay one step ahead.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As long as your views are objective, Skala Goldstein.
0 Kudos
mib
Contributor
0 Kudos