Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

targets on new highs

ndabs
Frequent Contributor
I seem to struggle to work out my targets when we hit new highs. I do use pivot points and was wondering if someone can assist me with a different system for confirmation.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
sponono
Super Contributor
use historical charts of similar chart patterns to see how high they went. can also take a look at this book for guidance http://fx-arabia.com/vb/uploaded/178_01275677185.pdf
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That PDF is very nice. The one book that really helped me when I first started out was -Marting Pring technical analysis- i bought it back in 2003ish, it offers really good explanations and covers the simple to the extreme. but go to amazon.co.uk its a rip-off here...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or you can ask Alsitrader, the do the opposite of what he says
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes all very amusing buy not very useful. This vid shows how to extend to the 127% and 138% levels. You will see that both the open level and then the extention to todays HOD was discussed. There are some targets on leading markets calculated as well. Free and no registration needed.... http://www.realchartist.com/videos/free-videos/312-26-jan-2012-we-have-a-127-extension-completed.htm...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I watched "A beautiful mind" and found myself codebreaking ever since... surely you should know watching a video of someone talking and pointing things out that you yourself can't see or understand is pointless?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CASH now you making a fool of yourself. The charts in the video are the same charts we all see. How is viewing a chart in a video on your screen something you cannot see or diffent to a normal chart? Are your charts 3 dimensional?If you dont have anything useful to add maybe u should think twice....there is a picture and a pattern emerging here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
pointing things out that you yourself can't see you took that as the literal sense?...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes ... I thought you knew?....the video is actually of someone standing there with a pointer pointing out invisible things.
0 Kudos