Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

thats a big gap down

john_1
Super Contributor
Looks to me that there is little reason to gap down 500 points when the US And FTSE were basically flat yesterday. Looks like its one worth trading to me.
0 Kudos
42 REPLIES 42
Electrox
Super Contributor
John dont you also look at the todays US and FTSE Futures ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
yes... I did not say trade it now! there is still the need to wait for the set up to present itself..but if it does I will trade the sucker.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Is your setup the Gap close ?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
How's the setup looking John?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
the short side trade is doing great thanks..
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Curious as to what happened to the those last minte bulls last week?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Well I still think this is the start of a new bull run... unless the market makes a new low.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sell in May and go AWAY!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
USD index climbing steadily, with its reciprocal drop in commodity prices. JSE gap today was probably making a correction for yesterday's inactivity. I don't think the gap will close, personally. If we drop another 200 pts now, not a helluva lot of support between here and March lows. I think we are in for a big downswing
0 Kudos
Not applicable
USD index climbing steadily, with its reciprocal drop in commodity prices. JSE gap today was probably making a correction for yesterday's inactivity. I don't think the gap will close, personally. If we drop another 200 pts now, not a helluva lot of support between here and March lows. I think we are in for a big downswing
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nice rally starting on the Alsi. Will the gap close?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Dow futures have turned positive, is a good omen.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Setting up, gap coming into play. Is there enough time?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
might be a swing traded this, to the bottoms on the dow again
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
hennie you might be right was about to go long but not to sure what to make of the dow at the present time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A real ping pong session taking place here, USD index all over the place. Looks like we might get a resource rally, which will bring the Topi back up again. We might see this gap close tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
has anyone here seen a gap close a gap? does this happen.?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the dow did its close night
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos