Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

thats a big gap down

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
It causes a new gap, which closes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ahhh, here comes the gap closer now!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Buying opportunity presents
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
gap close level to enter ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Why don't you put in the level you think would make a good entry and why..rather than asking somebody to do it for you..Saash have to say all I saw as we approached the highs of today was lots of selling... I am short.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just to give you some doubt re the short - one could also argue that the intraday trend is up, which is in the right direction for the gap to close...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
exited short at 470 thanks..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The market is getting excited, is there news out, or is it just a speach in progress? 1,2,3!
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
John, how do you see that there was lots a selling at today's highs? Bids/ask spreads on DWT? how does one knoK?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
John, how do you see that there was lots a selling at today's highs? Bids/ask spreads on DWT? how does one know?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
looking at a candle chart you will see that the 5 highest highs(intra bar) on the 5 minute chart all had significantly lower closes and 4 out of the 5 actually closed in the red...that and the ticker were huge numbers of contracts were being offered at around 570 /580
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi electrox the way i see it and this is just an observation ive made have a look at what time the GDP news came out and about half an hour before the anouncement the Alsi went down around a 100 points now that could be traders that were long in the morning and decided to sell before the GDP figures came out.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
thx John.. hi aslyum. yes that could be.. then there was the sucker rally that could those longs afterwards.. Do you have skype.. I wanna ask you something.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
nah dont have skype mate mail me at [email protected]
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
US just moved though a level of resistance, why aren't we responding to that by closing our gap?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
is the gap close @ yesterdays open or fridays close?thx
0 Kudos