Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

the Banks, the Banks...

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
do not know where they want to go - up, down, sideways - one day THIS, the other day THAT. If only there was no siesta and thus round the clock open markets, we would not experience the sudden deviations from previous days' closing and trends. Imagine: continuation without interferemce of a good night's sleep only to discover sh*t has happened. (just a little 1/2c exhale)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
I agree! Was told Banks is going to be the best thing since sliced bread for the next few months. It had a good run the past 2 weeks, and now it's back to square one again... Comments??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
National Credit act perhaps? No credit no profit.......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
make sense... Does that mean one should get out of Banks??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if the view was for a few months, why panic after one day?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The sector is sliding now for a couple days in a row. My SBK warrant is now on the same price I bought it at +- 2 weeks ago. So now I'm thinking, should I wait for the next wave going up, or cut my losses (dealer fees) and get out?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm, OK. Not convinced that a warrant is the right tool for a view of a couple of months?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Taking up on the view that future events are already discounted in the price, and last week upside, what the hell is the reason for the present and now downside?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chattycat if ALL things are already in the price we can all just pack up and go home. That is simply not true, as not many people can predict the future or in the banks case, the total effect of the credit act.
0 Kudos
Hibiscus
Regular Contributor
There is no news in the financial sector (banks) which will turn around the current declining trend. Wait for interest rate and regularatory environment to bed down. I got out of banks end last year. Obviously day to day volatility is there to make a quick buck or to!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Simon, I wasn't trying to take a monthly view, was hoping to make profit riding a warrant for a couple of weeks. Didn't think it would turn around so quickly after the nice gains until last week. what is your view for the next week or so?? You think we will see more weakness, or is this just a minor pullback?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos