Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

the future ?

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
A la Investec Wealth & management: "ItÂ’s worth pointing out that Richemont today is far more focused on the emerging market consumer than it is on the developed market one".
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Rams
Super Contributor
What they really mean is that they targeting the black market.....
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Chinese, I reckon. It'll take a while for the black market to move the needle for Richemont, despite its magpie-like enthusiasm for shiny things.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Fell out of a falling wedge a few days ago-just coming back to test resistance.I wouldn't get too excited just yet.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no i meant the black market!
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Rams so you mean I can find Richemont in the Pirates streets of Joburg or Lagos
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Read Rupert's comments - they will concentrate on selected outlets - eg airports - to market to their customer. Forget labels like "emerging" - its not a good description of their market as it always implies entry level stuff. The people who buy their kit are high income earners and unlike the general white westerner who is clueless the Chinese and SEA and African customer for their stuff is sophisticated. They are not taking risks.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
India...that's where the market is.....but all this may just be an inferiority complex. black man wearing Choo and white man bare feet, who gets a better greeting?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
CFR up 3% today.....seems Madame Zuma is upgrading?
0 Kudos