Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

they say...

kr_pto
Super Contributor
there's a saying that everying losing trade brings you closer to your next winning trade. but i guess that means the reverse must true to, that every winning trade brings you closer to your next losing trade. after all, we are dealing with probabilities, not certainties. darn, guess i am in for a loss or six soon.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
john_1
Super Contributor
My answer to this problem if I may... Take your winnings and go Skiing or what ever, for a while that way, that way you miss out on the losing streak to return to another set of winning trades. Seriously though, when you think you cant lose, you are about to, so just back off and let that feeling pass. Oh and well done!
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
ha ha. sounds like a plan. snowboarding is more my scene than skiing. missed out this season, but they didnt have a great year in europe anyhow. strap in the feet and bring on the powder!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Now that is my way of profiting from a down side move, or if you going to go down hill for a while do it on ski's ( snowboard)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where's your fav slopes?
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
mostly been to switzerland, Portes du Soleil region (border of france and switz). lekker cos one minute you boarding in switzerland, the next you in france. and no boarder patrols in sight.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah - that's quite close to where I've been, Vebier.
I hear that skiing in Argentina is the way to go - good facilities, 1/10th of the price and the locals actually don't mind the tourists . . .
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
for sure! and chile too, apparently. some hardcore heliskiing that side too. but i am a bit more tame than that. :) argentina apparently a great destination for general vacation too, good food, good dancing, spanish (beautiful language!)...
0 Kudos
macG
Contributor
u both forgot to mention the argentinian women.....
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
More fans, Ditzy ... ...
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Thank you, DST! Would have to work out how to conduct some newbie interviews. For those of you who are interested best slopes in the area are Las Lenas and Portillo. True, locals don't mind the tourists, they are usually asleep ( the tourists) by the time locals go jolling. And very affordable since currency collapse in 2001.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ditzy girl, you gotta give those overworked haremites a bit of free time!
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Latests acquisition is a tantric instructor, Brazen ! I tell you....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dont be shy... tell all of us...
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
you mean you actually would have use for any of it ? ;-)
0 Kudos