Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

time frames on the Alsi

ndabs
Frequent Contributor
just wanted to find out does anyone trade anything more than 15min on the forum? and if so how is it going(leaving out the different systems). I sometimes find it hard work fulltime & keep checking the chart every 15 min
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can trade any time frame, if 15 gets in the way drop to 30 or 60
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
like Simon says you can trade any time frame, I trade using 30min charts as well as end-of-day signals. I have one system at 5min that just keeps my hands busy during the day.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
Systems dont need to be changed. The trick is for a trader to develop a system with which he is compatible. - Ed Seykota
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
thanks Simon BC02....hence i said leaving out the system.... I wanted to find out if anyone trades something more. I often hear Forex traders going to 4hrs
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
...? I dont understand what is something more than a system?

A system is a set of rules to trade on, whether discretionary or mechanical, the only people who dont trade a system are those with inconsistent results or consistent losses. Even 4hr Forex traders trade their own systems.
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
dude go back to my 1st post.... i am asking about time frames, regardless of the system being used.....
0 Kudos