Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

time to buy?

jasonbeedle
Occasional Contributor
I am concerned that a retail announcement is going to come out soon and sink this share? I am looking at buying at these levels which seem a good buy, but the market is coming off of a rally. Is there a retail announcement soon? Is the share overbought?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Bangbielie
Contributor
Since the expose on Carte Blanche, this company seems to be going one way, and that is down. At a 64 PE, and the recent trading update and a warning of a rotten debtors book. I will not touch this one.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
I would hold, The pe will improve over time as the retail sector gets going. JD results wouldnt have been that bad if not for their contingent taxation liabilities of R338 million. With low interest environment, consumer spending will improve and this will boost earnings on cyclical counters. The retail sector is bottoming. Now will be the time to buy with a medium to long term outlook. A definate buy in my opinion.
0 Kudos