Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

... time to take profit in GLD?

DEP
Super Contributor
... time to take profit in GLD?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
PaulC
Super Contributor
Tricky. I sold my GOLD futures yesterday at just over 13000/contract. COuld have run more today but if I may share my thoughts. 1: The VIX is signaling MASSIVE fear. Its rarely been over 40. When it is fear drives the market. As such I think when the fear subsides gold will correct. 2: Its overbought. However emotion totally overrides tech analysis on the up and downside so I dont know how useful that is 3: If this continues expect CBanks to start injecting luquidity into the markets to "calm" investors. Short term this will prob calm the markets which will lead to a gold decline. Long term its inflationary and good for gold. If I was in the market today I would be 1: Getting out of short term gold longs (Ive made great profit so Im happy so sit the rest of the move out) At worst tighten up the trailing stops. 2: Position with cahs for the pullback to add to long term investment positions. Final thoughts. People at work are asking me how they can buy kruger rands. These are the people I have been telling to buy them since I started at R4900 / coin. This tells me there is public interest which generally indicates a market top / end of bull phase. I dont see the gold bull as over but a short term top is definetly forming (watch the market make me eat those words!) - P
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey. I sit with the same problem. Up a massive 73%. Dont really know what to do. Its just so nice to see something on my protfolio thats in the green.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
0 Kudos