Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

to Maggie, a bit of moral support

Not applicable
Had a nice long post to your cry of frustration. I am equally frustrated, because I am not in construction or platinum (I made a decision to stay out of gold some time ago). If there is one thing I have learnt as a trader, is to stick to my stoplosses, period. And I don't mean exiting when they are hit, I mean not exiting when things go slightly badly. When the TOPI makes higher highs, and the lows are higher too, then the bull market is still in force and the odds greatly favour your stocks recovering, at least to your entry price. Even dogs like MTX and Simmers. It is too late to enter into the winners, just take it as a fact that your entry was wrong and wait for the next one. My money is on a sell off in the stocks that are rallying. However don't forget why your stops are in place. They are not there because you think the stock will go lower from there, they are in place because beyond that puts you in danger of entering the point of no return. The PONR is not 100% of your capital, it is easily 60% of total capital, probably more. This means that once you hit that point, you aint going to trade your way out if it. That is why you have your stops. To protect yourself from entering the point of no return.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sponono
Super Contributor
Thinking out loud with your fingers on the keyboard, Hey.
0 Kudos