Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

to Tom168 EXX Elliot wave theory

Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Is EXX completing major wave3 with minor 1-5 almost done? Looking at weekly chart on OST. Where do you see it topping out? Resistance 16150? Pivot point 15472 R1 16078? Your thoughts what happens after wave 5 is complete-ABC down? omo
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
Sideways for a while in the minor wave 5 abc consilidation and then start major wave 4 . . . ?
Senario #1: There's a 23.6% retracement waiting at around 135 and a weekly S2 pivot at around 137. Go long between 135 and 138. Stop loss at 130. Take some profit at R1 162, and again at R2 167.
Senario #2: This share has turned around at every fibo point on the way up from about 110 to where it is now. Quite spectacular. The Hi Risk play would be to short now and then long at around the 136 region. I wouldn't do it though.
Senario #3: Hope for a breakout of the current up channel and go long with a tight stop at about 152
Maggie, it looks like we might not get our pullback to below 130 huh? If it does though, the support is at the 38% retracement, about 122.
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
Its going to break the 160 resistance a week or two from now. It is going to stay around at the 150 level before forming new highs. Wait for a slight pull back then get in!!!
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Hi guys, I find it difficult to read the waves, so will appreciate it very much if you could indicate the start date of the major waves as you read it. This should perhaps be under "education". Thanks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Wave 1 on 2008-02-01, 3 on 2008-03-14, We're busy with 5 & it has extensions. Height of wave 1 + 0.618*height of wave 1 took us to height of wave 3, height of wave 1 + 1.618 gives us a small ways to go up still.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Many thanks Vitorc. I thought every up wave must include the 5 minors as well and each down the abc move. I use MACD and slow stochastic and there seems to be correlation with the elliot waves.
0 Kudos
davy_crockett
Not applicable
Hi ,Im brand new to the exciting world of share trading ,what do you think are good shares to start off with?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
boring ones, AKA blue chips.
0 Kudos
unknown
Contributor
sowi SIMON u meant yellow chip "MTN" :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wait to get into the banks namely ASA and SBK at around the R75 ; R78 levels and hang ten for a while, or maybe longer
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i'm also keeping an eye on ppc and msm. waiting to see some solid upward movements before i get in here
0 Kudos