Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

to the engineering boffs

john_1
Super Contributor
I have been wondering about the Electricity generation of these new shake them tourches... what changes the power output of this kind of motor..is it the size of the coil. the size of the magnet. how long the coils is...etc..I have been thinking for a long time that the way we make these monsterous huge with turbines that never spin in rythym are inefficient as they have such huge turbulence areas. What I am thinking is a serries of connected "flags" that ocsilate back and forward using the shake it system to generate power.. any comments?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
jack12
Super Contributor
Yip had an article on it. length of the coil and size of magnet are important. The example I had was small one they used a 50mm ribbon and a 5mm magnet produced only a few milliamperes but it is feasible. You need the high frequency so smaller magnets will be required thus generated in a slight breeze.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
that the idea.cosistant low charge vs sporadic high charge...don't really understand the maths yet.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
because of the low intensity I dont think there is much out there. I will see what I can find for you. (give me a few days)
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
John follow this lead, it is the most important discovery by Ecklin. I have not found much info out there except for an Aussie crowd Magnawork (or something similar) There product is obviously based on the Ecklin Theory. Follow this link http://montalk.net/science/72/john-ecklins-sag-6
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if I understand you correctly, then wave power generation should also be included in your search, as the principle should be close to what you're after
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
With wave power you require chimneys to be built and use the air pressure and suction to spin a fan (or to mount an turbine on a fixed raft) This system uses the positioning of magnets to create perpetual motion, there is no additional force used to drive the generator except for the magnets.
0 Kudos
MenuOption
Frequent Contributor
have him run the thing in a Faraday cage. The coil acts as an antena, and the metal as a cap. Looks like pertetual energy, but actually receiving energy from radio etc. waves. So, test the thing in a Faraday cage, and see how it just grinds to a halt. Way cool though. Used to have a similar gadget at the UP exploratorium long time ago.
0 Kudos