Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

today the day the ABL bubble

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
really burst .. off 24% so far
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I am tempted to step in soon... BUT then I can't remember when last I made a profit on one of those "trade" things.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
dont trade those "trade things"...trade the real thing...ALSI futures(no thinking please)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Goodness. That was a big pop.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Those trade things are interesting. The ALSI is a job.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
agreed, but less of a job these days, with mobile tech....
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Well I've taken a dollop of ABL at R16. Based on her metrics she is cheap - as a trade she is cheap. Now the nail-biting commences. Very ugly market -methinks the penny has dropped and the world has finally woken up to the state of SA Inc.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
...and the 3 blind mice just follow it LEW SHF JDG
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Lovely sale..back to 2004 prices!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, as an investor, I would be looking for extreme price or extreme momentum. Right now, you are staring at a micro lending business that has been around for almost 20 years, a furniture retail store that is a household name, and a company that is still profitable in weak domestic market conditions. I would say they fall into the extreme price category?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Will probably see 10-11 bucks. FGL was the right share to invest in that sector in recent times.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Well done....but it's time to sell now and take me for investor wonderful advice lunch
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Skapie, look at the charts or look at the financial statement s, we don't need all that guess work and prayers
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I see all the banks got hit hard today
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
Porbably more market reactions to pull down the price further.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
It occurs to me, that with labour wage negotiations season about to commence, strike actions are highly probable, especially considering the likely unreasonable demands. hundreds of thousands of 'emerging market' employees sitting around without wages until settlements are reached would have a massive impact on the unsecured lending space ....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rams, you fool. What do you think I am doing? One of these days you will come to realize there is more to investing than Alsi futures contracts and day trading. There are thousands of styles and philosophies. And oversold stocks with doomsday scenarios priced in are part of my philosophy. Now if you want to try to understand that, instead of bland sweeping statements pointing to the magic of charts and fundamentals you clearly haven't studied yet, by all means ask away.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yeah, lamp chops, i like to see entry levels, exit levels, stops etc, not hopes and prayers...
0 Kudos