Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

today

Brazen
Super Contributor
er, I always find a nice turkey and a few tatties better than a mirror. Heck, throw in a cracker or too.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I thought it took some time, well, lets hope times change...
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
This is the type of cr*p that chief market economists are saying to scare everyone, "Today might be the day where everybody throws in the towel," said Peter Cardillo, chief market economist for Avalon Partners. "People are saying 'I've had it, I can't take it anymore, I'm selling everything.'" I say "Come to Pappa my cheap shares."
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
GVV, thats the way, in a few years these bargains will be worth multiples of their current value, this is when the long term guys will be smiling...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a retest of 17150 and a strong break up will really get us going. There will be no crash imo, evryone talking about it is bound to invoke a short covering rally of note, watch this space.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
what do you mean "there will be no crash" i think we already had the crash, maybe a bit prolonged and not just all in 1/2 day/s, but this past while was quite a move?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
So what will happen today on the DOW. Trade for 1/2 hour...reach the limit...1h breakfast....carry on with the Bear party
0 Kudos
Not applicable
We are in a crash. Its just one in slow motion. Think of the henchman that saw Austin Powers in a steamroller approaching from 100m away at a crawl and still got trampled.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
massive volume on the DOW
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dow already down 170pts
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Just remember it took two years or so for the market to find a bottom in 1929. By the way at what point will this be called a crash. I think 31000ish to 17000ish is a little beyond the scope of a correction and more in the realm of crash but I guess we also aren't in a recession either.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dow down 500 eish!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was referring to today's US open, the futures market descent was halted at limit down. It suggested a real crash at the open, we didn't get it... 17150 break on the ALSI futures and this bear market rally on short covering will be in full swing!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
my view is that the market has crashed, and if someone does believe that they have a problem, maybe the crash gets worse, but this drop since the high is a crash. lol. one should not call it a crash though, because when thinking of cars or aircraft, after a crash the thing is a write-off and doesnt ever drive or fly again. lol...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
here comes the short cover watch your backs
0 Kudos
Not applicable
8235 appears to be the line to watch
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
8400 and counting..on futures not sure were the cash is
0 Kudos
Not applicable
how predictable was that rally? god i love trading...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Remember hedge funds also covering and scrambling for cash. Either sideways or a rally, but Monday will tell. Something to keep in mind... 24, 28 and 29 Oct 1929 was only the start. It took until 1932 for the market to bottom with the DOW at 89% down...and most of the dropoff happened gradually after Oct 1929
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gentlemen,Gentlemen and Ladies.Don't you get it YET ? Didn't I wax on and on,in 2007, about the System BREAKING.Well,here it is.IT IS BROKEN.Are you buying Kruger Rands ?Silver certificates from the Perth mint,Western Australia ??.We are now heading for HYPERINFLATION.ALL PAPER CURRENCIES DIE.EMERGING MARKET ONES WITH BAD FUNDAMENTALS...DIE FIRST.The Rand BURNS.Big Pic>>>>>>WEIMAR USA leading to GLOBAL WEIMAR..Ref: Germany 1921-1923.********************** PROTECT YOURSELF.Speculation is cool eg: Angloplat as a BUY etc....but hey,INSURANCE TIME. Gold and Silver coin.This CURRENT bargain-window for precious Metals will not last much longer.Adios.
0 Kudos