Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

topdwm or topdwn?

Samir
Super Contributor
Made a decision to go long. which wave is recommended?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
cfm
Super Contributor
Decide what gearing you want and pick that one.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The M,s as the spread as a % of the value is smaller wich means fewer points to cross the trading gap.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
neither they are like driving a car which has a gearbox which doesnt tell you which is reverse and which is forward ....when you do get going in the right direction the wheels fall off.....I am serious ....untill the issuers of these instruments can get their act together I recommend that you stay away.....rather trade the future directly....where you can trade at the open qt 8.30 and trade till the close at 17h30......imagine participating in a game of poker and you get told that you can only come into the room an hour after everyone has started and that you have to leave the room an hour before everyone else stops playing....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist - couldn't agree more - advantages are (1) no time decay; (2) Trading before and after hours (i.e. between 8h30 and 9h00 and after 17h00) gives plenty of opportunity to square off based on the close (which is the most immportant price); (3) You get to decide your gearing (based on the amont of margin you use); and (4) stop losses are far easier to manage. One thing I cannot understand is why SSFs don't have the same trading hours as the Alsi future - any ideas why?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
apparently to protect you from the volatility.....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Typical of the condescending attitude of the industry in this country.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey C, haven't graduated to the big league yet - still labouring with the Germans. Presume you talking about IG index?
0 Kudos
mib
Contributor
Chartist - could you tell me where to find futures on the TOPI - I can't find them on this website - thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
bit like giving an infant sharp knives to play with but then chopping their one hand off to stop them from injuring themselves....they still do it just takes a bit longer..... as a trader of short term instruments you want the volatility!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no IG index good for some things but with a 45 pt spread you are going backward way too far before you can even get going.....I am talking about trading Safex directly with a platform which only takes 1 pt spread to cover costs....mail me [email protected]
0 Kudos
Not applicable
topdwn is faster
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Is it worth it!!!!
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Only futures on SB is SSF, right?
0 Kudos