Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

topdwp

BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
anyone know if the market is going to pull back befor the barrier is reached
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Not applicable
Only time will tell
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oh absolutely. It will trade to within exactly 1c of the barrier and then turn around.
But due to the nature of the stck market I cannot be held liable for the IDIOTS who will almost certainly push the market all the way through the barrier . . .
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
closing my account after this dies>
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rather get into something safer buddy. Don't fly close so to the trees in a jet fighter . . .
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Y-man, keep your finger on the ear piece volume controle bro. BOOM BOOM !!
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
im going to miss all you guys and the stories...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Please dont tell me you have blow all your cash already, that is so sad! Easy come easier go!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Fair value is 48 market 60 I have to question who would pay this kind of premium (25%)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Exactly John, if you knew there were people willing to pay the premium, why didnt you get some @ 32c?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I had no Idea. but well done to you, my point is dont expect them to be there buying if the market continues to rally.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If the market continues to rally, there will be more oppertunities to get in. There will always be the bears wholl follow it down the tube, so theres more potential to make some money. All Im saying is theres a supply & demand . U just gotta figure what the holders of these warrants are thinking. You might have noticed that everyone wants some when theres even the slightest drop in TOPI. No matter the price, as long as it looks close to the next offer, theyll take it.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
U are kidding right?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hope I'm misunderstanding you George, but if a warrant does very well or very poorly it's normally got very little to do with the warrant itself. It's the underlying that's important.
The only things you look at in a warrant are the liquidity (should be high) and the spread (should be low). Of course, it's usually the so-called 'cheap' warrants (below 20c) that get these things all the wrong way 'round.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, George. You should know better. The market just goes up and up forever.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Off course, under normal circumstances. But this is not normal because 1/The warrant is bid only, 2/Not many people know that, or care for that matter, 3/Bears are very hardegat when theyve decided the market will fall. Thats why I say they create the trend.It doesnt matter if its fair value or not. If u can buy it cheap & sell for more, thats what its all about to me. Make sense?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
avs, liquidity of a warrant is not an issue as it has the potential to be as liquid as the underlying.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or as liquid as the punters make it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Point taken. Maybe I should have been more specific about issuers not buying back below 10c.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, point is checking a derivatives liquidity is a waste of effort.
0 Kudos