Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

trade of the day...

Not applicable
long should be good for at lest 200 pts at 28380...
0 Kudos
50 REPLIES 50
hs
Regular Contributor
Do you mean from 28380 another 200 points
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes we have done 100 already....dunno how anyone can say this is boring....
0 Kudos
hs
Regular Contributor
Where do you get 28380 from
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Chartist. What instruments do you use to trade. SSF Warrants Options?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
u gotta be joking....warrants on the index are a joke...thats like having sex with a tea cosy on your willy...Top 40 future contracts directly
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
Why would you say that? Is warrants not just geared less? Why your negative opinion?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well for one...wave warrants take their price from the futures market...SFM does not provide any futures prices ...how crazy is that? (actually the number of people I come across who don't know this is really scary) and then u have a barrier which is set on the cash market??. Then to just make your life with warrants really easy the usually phlegmatic market makers disappear in the blink of an eye just when you need them...guaranteed....I think they get all confused with the volatility and then they just piss off...they are all guilty of this ....
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Thanks. Im waiting for my IG Index activation then I wil bother you again with a few stupid questions.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
So in fact you are only "betting" on the direction of he market and not individual shares. Isnt it too late to enter the market in the morning once one has a clear indication of the direction? When will you host youre first scypecast?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
I there anything you haven't tried?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
platsak...its never to late to enter....this morning I took the gap ...which closed...that was about 300 pts took longs all the way back up another 400 pts....so with just ZAR 17K capital thats 7K with very very little risk (ZAR 500 at any time)...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I thought you said you only took 100 points off the GAP! But you are right about the kind of money to be made. I to took the gap long from 28250 down to 28020 and the long back up to 28400 and counting.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes i did...then we rallied up and when we failed to break the upper resistance I went short again at 28270...
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
Thanx for the info. What is your view on Spread Trading where you bet ie. R10 per point moved?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
what happened to the lecture about this big economic news in the price?
0 Kudos
Tenor
Contributor
What futures can you buy to get exposure to the top 40 Direction ? Satrix40?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err John....the lectire was not about that ....the lecture was about the fact that you were not cognizant of the news yesterday when It was scheduled to be anounced...I traded the gap but I traded it with non gap parameters...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
See I just traded my system, My system could not give a rats ass what the manufacturing data or the king of sheba has to say, its already in the price.
0 Kudos