Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

twitter

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
how many people here are on twitter ?? It has become my preferred chat place, but I suspect it is small in SA, others suggesting it is huge locally - but not sure I agree ..
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Rams
Super Contributor
i am on twitter, following barack obama, just one lap, financial times,24/7 investopedia.....
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
I am on!
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
On it, use it to grab news before it breaks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not on.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not on.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Saying you're on twitter is not all that useful... Why doesn't everyone post their twitter handle here and then suggest a few other twitter handles of like-minded South African financial tweeters that we should all follow?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
@simon im the creep that asks your advice on twitter
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
On for my business, really don't care about it though despite having tried to get more involved a few times. I glance at it periodically but hardly ever contribute unless I release a new feature or retweet something. Prefer Google+ despite the low volume, because its got a higher signal-to-noise ratio, longer-form responses and it has many killer tech and marketing participants on it. Facebook for real-life friends, Google+ for my public profile, Twitter for scanning a wider set of people.

Wait, there is one use for Twitter. When something moves in the market and I want to get quick info, I do a search on e.g. "Greece". Things are usually reported there much faster than articles. I don't have me a nice Bloomberg, so this is a cheap substitute.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
On, but have mixed feelings about it. Not really that fond of it.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I was on,but no more as i attracted mostly advertisers trying to sell their wares to my followers
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
agree with richard...follow financial times and wallstreet 24/7...will not make you a better trader but for "the responsibility of knowledge"
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
On for sure. (And not on Zuckbook, so not a socmed junkie.)

It took me a little while to get the mix right - some people are way too prolific for me to find their sense/value. I find some great links on twitter, and can follow or not as I choose.

And it takes a while to get on top of the tight format - reading and writing are v v different.

"Reading:wise, conference:ready, writing:exact, twitter:succinct" @FrancisBacon1561-1626
0 Kudos