Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

u all know what to do right now....

Not applicable
SHOULD I GET OUT NOW OR WILL THE ALSH PICK UP AGAIN>>>??????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist I really appreciate all your help. It's your style of trading that made me spend more time on share trading and understanding it better. Although I'm not entirely sure what you use to trigger your gap closing strategy and what you look for, but hopefully I'll get it as time goes by. I just need to Simonize myself and get emotions out of the way. That pesky voice that keeps on telling me that the share cannot climb any more/fall anymore when I'm at the wrong side needs to be silenced!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Tis was a lovely move and there should be more to come (actually had a small H&S on top of the gap etc etc). Setting up for another and bigger H&S on both ftse and alsi that should come right around the time DJ open this pm for 1/2 a day and which will most likely see a weaker DJ. Then again DJ might start positive and then end negative that will negate the H&S and turn into a nice short squeeze. Just hope enough players remain at their trading desks this pm to make it happen. Should the H&S confirm this pm, we could see 19,000 and 4,150 respectively. More than likely the bias should be to the downside having had an impressive run this week on the alsi
Its very hard to do, but have found to close my positions within 10 minutes after opening it and still in a loss seems to work. Every time you do that, and you do it plenty of times it costs you and it means you were wrong, and you dont like being wrong. But when you get the move right its all good....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
u also gotta enjoy what u do...for me its a huge game...I totally totally disgaree with those that say trading is and should be boring...for me each day is a huge game....as long as you have fun and are on the offensive you will make money....its a game but everyday there are real casualities...basically all you gotta do is not be a casualty...I make my biggest money when there is fear and the enemy has lost headcount...
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Can someone please explain to me what is chartists gap trading strategy, can surely help with my trading
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You must be one of the highest paid gamers I know of :-)
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Vitalstats I have been suffering from the same problem, you are over analysing. Trading is as simple as going with the flow not fighting it. Work out a set of rules what ever works for you and stick to them and only change when another way proves itself better.The rules make the trade not your emotions. Crossing ema's ,rsi doesn't matter so long as you have a defined entry and exit strategy and stick to it. As long as emotions decide you will lose end of story. Good luck
0 Kudos