Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

vBulletin Forum

Q2W
Super Contributor
Well that topic "how many % of traders use this forum" is a good example of how weird the post get laid out. If someone replies, you need to open each message. Is or will Standard Bank ever consider a forum more user friendly. Like vBulletin. Would like everyone's view on this. Thanks
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Hi Q2W. I mentioned this last week or the week before. That thread of course has now disappeared. Simon feels that this forum is adequate, although I feel there is another reason why there is resistance to a different forum. One of the reasons I think is that this Forum if one could call it that, is integrated into the Standard Bank Share Platform and only the people that coded the SB site can alter the forum. If you look at the bottom right corner of your browser there is a little icon that looks like a lock and I can only assume that the whole she-bang is integrated coding and in order to run vBulletin or any other Forum Software for that matter you would need to run it on another domain or sub domain. A completely different website perhaps? PSG runs on software called Web Wizard Forums which funnily enough has a the Locked Icon as well, so maybe they can be integrated. According to Simon only 1% of the SB Users use this forum, which I think speaks for itself. Why not register on PSG Forum. At least it has more functions and there are a couple of OK guys over there. Regards, BTTB.
0 Kudos
abbi
Occasional Contributor
i think many more than 1% use the forum. I (and some of my trading friends) look at it daily for trading tips (& we learn more every day). We just feel inept compared to the pro's & therefore we don't comment on it. Keep up the good work - we enjoy your debates immensly!
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Maybe we should offer to buy Simon a case of the red stuff and when he loosens up, get him to tell us the real reason. I cant believe the resistance we have got over this. There must be a better way of doing this. Valuble threads have just died because they scroll off the bottom within a day. Of course this has been debated at length, ( some would say Ad Neuseam ) but those posts have dissapeared off the forum after a day or two like the rest.
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Sorry if this has been disgussed before, but like you all said. It gets older than a day and then just dissapear. @BTTB - No wonder they only have 1% of traders on here. I came here a few times in the beginning, but didn't bother to post, because of the setup and all. I wonder how many agree. Well this is something I know, but I really did expect something better from Standard Bank.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
folks, forum is on the list of things to do. But it is a long list, and other things (many mentioned here) are higher up on that list. Further changes are not going to suddenly make everybody happy, as always some will love, others won't.
0 Kudos
MML
Occasional Contributor
Forum Shortcomings: This forum is extremely clumsy and I feel Standard could learn from the PSG forum which is very userfriendly.
0 Kudos