Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

value of Telkom

Not applicable
I cant get DEP's calculation. If Telkom is currenly selling at R55 and then we subtract 19 rand dividend, I suppose we are looking at a resultant R36 value for Telkom. It would seem to me that TKG must trade and sustain itself at around 45-50R in a few weeks time. The prediction of a very heavy fall is not premised on any reasonable assumption but perhaps mere speculation. What do you think?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
Telkom only distributed 50% (R 19/share)of what it got for VOD to shareholders. It kept the rest, another R19, making R38. So tkg valued at R18 or so
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
and what about the 1 for 1 share deal ? TKG should be worth about 30-35, not 17.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, following Oli's response, I completely agree with what he is saying. perhaps it would seem like there is informaiton we are missing here? I am not going to be moved by the prediction of a heavy fall as i cant still understand the argument that colleagues talking about R17-18 are talking about. Should I go back to my mathematics text?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Remember guys - Telkom is only paying 50% of the Vodacom dividend - so R19 represents only half of the gain from the Vodacom deal. So Telkom is currently worth 58 - 19 - 19 = R20
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The other amount after tax was worth R18 that will be used for future growth and mobile growth
0 Kudos