Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

warrants vs futures vs share installments

Not applicable
Who prefers which and why? Obviously people have different stratagies and what not but keen to see what responses are.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard
Super Contributor
People have different risk styles strategies...I don't look at the computer all the time so I prefer less risky instruments. Let me give u a hint...If u can't sleep at night u most probably play the wrong type of derivative!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
haha sleeping patterns are fine but that is actaully an indicator i would use. I'm in futures only because I don't know as much as I'd like to about warrants, still need to get to the STB warrant seminar.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
key differences .. instalment low gearing/risk (as a rule, not when busted) an they pay dividends .. warrants, downside capped at 100% but more complicated product .. futures, unlimited risk, higher gearing (which is higher risk) an simplier product ..
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Playing futures for short term 20-30% profits. Just love the gearing effect but admit having almost been caught out a few times with unexpected cash depletions and no stopp losses. Recently bought into a few infrastructure shares looking cheap for the longer term.
0 Kudos