Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

was this the bottom

asylum
Super Contributor
a few days ago before the rally are are the longs getting suckered again any views?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
Hi there My personal view is that the guys doing shorts have made some money. I on the other end is a bottom feeder and buy for long term . Reason , tax and investment , take it or leave it. O yes my favorites are Bil Mtn Npn and 20 more.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I like your selecting, i have BIL shares, still want to get MTN when i get some cash accumilated and NPN was always on my watchlist... I also doubled my PPC position the other day, for long term as well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The dow pasted 9250 we need to stay above that
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was short on spar since yesterday and while this morning it looked good i had my ass kicked just now. The share was trading whole day at around 5200-5300 and then, just before close, a trade of +7.3Bar went through...the share price shot up to 5700... A question: If a large trade like that forces the share price up suddenly, does the price generally hold or sink back to where it was before Mr big bucks decided to step on the scene? What a way to start my weekend... bring on the beer. your thoughts appreciated...
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
I think that "large trade" is a sum of the closing auction
0 Kudos
Not applicable
always remember, you have lost and gained nothing till you have sold.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Shard, pardon my ignorance: "sum of the closing auction" whats that about then? Does it mean monday things will be back to where they were before this large trade went through?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the way everybody is drinking on this forum caused as a result of not knowing whether we are coming or going in this market i would suggest going long on SA Breweries - lol
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Closing Auction is the last 10 minutes of the day, it is not a large trade, but a collection of all the trades taking place within the last 10 minutes... The price might not fall back to below those values, that would depend on the trades going through on monday morning...
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Before you can call a bottom you need a reversal pattern or a series of higher swing highs and higher swing lows right now we have a bounce off resistance and a fib retacement of 61,8% from the may highs. We will selloff this week some time, the market movers will allow the market to rise enough to tempt as many in as possible before they sell into the next leg down. What happens then will determine if we have a bottom i.e will we test the low or will there be so many buyers that the selloff doesn't get going and can't make a new low then we have a bottom, till then we haven't broken the down trend and this just a dead cat bounce,relief rally call it what you want.Lets put it this way I went long Agl at 190 and have taken all my profit.
0 Kudos