Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

watch those PE ratios

Not applicable
My opinion is that the shares that still have a beating coming are those that still have PE's in excess of 7 or more. A bit of a sweeping statement I know, but how can anyone put fair value on the long term prospects of a share in this turmoil? I am waiting for 3* earnings before considering a long term investment. Grindrod, Merafe are my bets. Still waiting for Kumba to drop a bit. Any comments?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
I like Altron (ATN) maybe Ilovo and Mtn.?
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
grind rod will probably lose money with their shipping arm as we are already seeing order cancellation from ship builders books. Rates are coming off heavily. Unless they venture into offshore work and convert their tankers into storage facilities...
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
How low do you think SBG can go? It also has a full order book according to some oke.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PE Ratios are meaningless right now. This market is trading on pure sentiment and no fundamentals. PE only has value if the company's price is somehow linked to it's earnings. If that was the case, a lot of our shares would not be sold down as they are at the moment...
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
0 Kudos