Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

website problems - update 10.42am

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
website prices are live. Price streamer is delayed. Call center under pressure, but waiting q's are reducing fast (in fact soem moments = no wait).

We're working flat out to resolve the problems. Any problem trades (double etc.) contact us and we will fix.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
see my other posts simon. there some serious kuk on my accoutn and i dont like it one f u c king bit! Im sitting with the f uc king phone against my ear for the last 5 minutes to SBK to try and find out how to fix it!!!! it is absoultely atrocious!!!!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nick, Richard S is calling you now.
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Just saw the call on my cell but i was on the phone with SBK (Brdiget) or someone. Just confirmed that it is a SBK IT-Problem for the sales coming up as duplicated! Enquired about transferring the cash and closing the account and was told of the charges Id be charged to transfer funds. Explained that in light of whats been happening Im not happy paying ANY charges! She told me that regardless of the problems that will be the fees and THAT IS THAT! Nice customer service........
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Was the 378-number. He can call me now as Im done on the phone
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon. Its a pity you have to bear the brunt of this attack,but seeing no-one else can be reached to get shat on,we would appreciate you conveying the message to the responsible person(If there is one).When youre operating with other peoples money,there are no excuses.Im almost certain thats the general consensus for all traders. Excuses and apologies mean nothing and offer no consolation.SFM has given itself out as a professional outfit and now the whole system has come crashing down when the market takes a significant turn and everyone in it is at their most vulnerable.
0 Kudos
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
And plisa to put back my previous post as I do feel it is still very relevant as it relates to the site!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, can you please give us an estimate for resolution of the price streamer delay. Being an intraday trader, this is an essential tool for me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please could someone explain what exactly I am paying for here. Price streamer not working - Yet I pay, Site slow, yet I pay and the first thing you get told when you try to do a telephone trade is that it's going to cost extra - yet the site is so slow it took over 5 min's to place the dam trade!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
RM - in the past Standard have always been good at refunding any money we felt shouldn't have been charged like quotes when prices weren't live and the R35 on telephone trades. Unfortunately the person on the end of the phone can't make that decision. Best is to utilise the phones then try for a rebate later today or tomorrow.
0 Kudos
USERX
Contributor
Makes me think of our biggest retailer in town. They have been patching up the aircon for ten years now, because a new one is too expensive. Yet they make millions every six months!
Also my roof - I do not fix it because it only leaks when it rains.
Someone said that if you use something to its max capacity, it WILL break.

Come on Richard, fork out the big bucks. You can afford it!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Georgem, not to worry - my skin is plenty tough after years of KZN sun and I understand that things are heated right now.

When will things be back to normal I do not know, we're in constant contact with the JSE who are experiencing very high network loads and our techies and suppliers are doing everything they can.

As things stand website prices remain correct while price streamer is not.
0 Kudos