Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

werner or any other person that know a thing or two about a pc

ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Please help, i have had the most *****py afternoon here cause all of a sudden i can not connect to any site other than secure sites like this one. I can't even open google search or yahoo. I have reinstalled my panda security software, i have disabled it, i have enabled everything i can think of at the advance settings of my internet at the control pannel, disabled firewall and set my security to the lowest possible level. I have done a complete updated virus scan and now i have no idea what to do next but hope to get it fixed for tommorow cause i can not trade without information.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
YIP having the same problem, Bloomberg, Reuters no go
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
If you are on telkom ADSL your monthly allocation of 1GB may be up (i.e only allowing you to view local content), in which case load additional adsl time.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
It is quite difficult to see the problem, but the ADSL comment could be the answer, what is your limit, does other south african websites work, like www.sharenet.co.za or www.fin24.co.za? OST is south african so that would work on ADSL, international sites like www.cnbc.com or bloomberg.com that come from USA would have issues. Just check this and if that is not the case we can see if there is anything else... does your email work?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Samme thing with me ,can only get into local sites now.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Do you use ADSL? i know some providers have a system that if one goes over the limit it blocks overseas sites, but i know our Telkom service provider doesnt do this to us, we can exceed our limit and still get out if the network is not under severe stress, just a bit slower, i do know other providers dont do this...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I also had problems until I changed my browser to safari..maybe its because some okes who are losing their jobs at Microsoft put a gremlin in the system.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
yes i have ADSL and my limot has been pushed up twice recently,seems better this morning,but really its a consrtaint i can do with out!
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Ok guys, thanks for the info, hell of a struggle but back online and a little hasty to jump into action, must take a coffee brake first. ps it was capped.
0 Kudos