Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

wez

Russ
Super Contributor
I punted this about 5 weeks ago when it broke out of the bear trend it had been in since feb this year.Now it has broken out of the rising wedge it has been in since I last posted.It is a good long term hold imo.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Mr_S
Super Contributor
I was thinking about it this morning, shouldnt have sold in all that turmoil, actually should have bought more...i will start buying up next year, but im still a bit edgy about its management team, after all those allegations, etc etc, i would like to see a solid management team....was always my long term favourites...
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
remember they have also got finances secured from the chinese
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Funny how troubled assets that have only just secured their funding can trigger a rally, while mines that are a stones throw away from actual production, are well funded, with top management teams (like Platmin) continue to slump. I have personally never seen a greenfield mine declare the actual amount of capital needed for operations. They almost always underestimate and come around looking for more. (A banker friend once told me that this a tried and tested strategy, understate your capex requirements, because it is easier to go back asking for more once investors are committed, rather than scare them off with the real capital required from the start)
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Ja,skaaptjop,this is why I only look at the charts.It can drive you crazy trying to work out why the market does what it does.
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
before the big crash- this was close to R9 per share. so here to hoping that they can get at least half way, now that money is no longer an issue, thanks to the chinese
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Not just your opinion.it is a long term investment!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Lets talk figures, how much have you lost on this share?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Last year I bought at 140 and sold at 300. This year I bought a month ago at 188....and planning to get married to the stock!
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
did not loose on this. Bought in at 181-and will see how far it goes
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
did not loose on this. Bought in at 181-and will see how far it goes
0 Kudos
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Lost my Porsche 911 GT3 due to WEZ now driving a 1976 Ford Big Six Stationwagen.
0 Kudos