Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

wez

Russ
Super Contributor
Can anyone tell looking at the chart whether the next big move is going to be up or down?It seems to be drifting sideways at the moment.I think it is a good long term hold but it is at the same level as 2-3 years ago. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It would be an even better long term hold if it was half the price it was 3 years ago. OR... one 10th the price it was 5 years ago. I am sure you take my point.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Not really.It was at R15 4 years ago.I am only interested in where it is going from here.I only think it is good long term because it has massive financial support from the Chinese and will only start producing in about 3 years time.I feel that those who are impatient are selling while those who see the potential upside are getting in now before it really starts moving.The question is when it will move?I know nobody knows,but was just interested in opinions.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Hey Russ, I take my hat off but wonder....don't you poor b*stards who desperatly try to convert fundamental data into trading plans have problems sleeping ar night. You see it doesn't matter what you think, what the chinese are doing or what anyone on this rather weak forum thinks....the real fundamental data is known long before you get to hear about it......no - trade the price and the technicals, fundamentals will always leave you exactly where you are now. Nowhere.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Yes well it should never have been R15. AND it could be argued that you must pass through R3 en route to 1 cent. If you are not a trader - invest in proper companies and respect your money - WESIZWE stories hardly ever amount to anything.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Russ, my toned down observation (relative to Ninja & Threshold here) is that early stage mining companies are about the worst investment that can be made. There is a whole bunch of stuff that can go wrong. 1) At what real price does the chinese money come? 2) I have never known an early stage mine to get its capital requirements right upfront. In fact it is usually a trick of theirs to undersate this - so that they can go back to the begging bowl again later when investors are fully committed and are looking at total wipeout if they don't commit further - just ask any metorex shareholder 3)You still run the risk that some moeggoe got the bankable feasibility study and compitent persons report wrong - just ask any poor sod that followed first uranium (and the poor sods that are following the same crowd again on Gold One. 4) Do you know how long it takes for them to construct and get into production? Ages - just ask anyone hanging on to Platmin / Pallinghurst shares. 5) Lastly, and this is probably the most important - have these guys sorted out their leadership issues? Without a strong mine manager and CEO - who knows how well managed this company is going to be? In short - you can expect a delay in terms of years before they get to production and you can pretty much expect that you are going to have to invest further, whether you like it or not, when Wes goes back to shareholders for more money at some point in the not too distant future.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks for the input,guys.The truth is I normally don't give 2 hoots about the fundamentals and only look at the chart.This one has got me scratching my head because so far this year it is drifting sideways and I can't pick up any real pattern.At best it looks like a consolidation phase.Hence was wondering where it is going.If I wasn't in I wouldn't buy right now,but I am in.Will hang on a while until it shows me somthing or my patience runs out,whichever comes first.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Russ, you are contradicting yourself boet. If you don't give a hoot about fundamentals then how can you say it is a long term hold? If you only look at the charts, then what makes you think it will go up? There is no trading system in the world that makes money out of a flat lined stock, so then you must be riding on fundamentals. There is no inbetween!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I said normally,you tjop.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
According to the Purple Haze system, its either going to kiss the sky or else it may have already done so. PS - this has nothing to do with Charley chartist. Good smoking.
0 Kudos