Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what a disappointment!!

cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
what a disappointment !!! i will not accept the offer,how do the other guys feel that hold beige?
0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you don;t have to, but why did you think it would be any higher ??
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
listening to the okes on the forum....was a spec buy,now i've learnt my lesson.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
with respect, the okes on the forum knew nothing (as you found out), and I recall suggesting the price would likely be 8c at best ..
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
i do recall and i wanted to get out at 9c but the queue was pretty long,at least i wont make a loss but i could have spent time in other shares.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not all forumites have been singing the praises of this stock. It is a contract manufacturer - absolutely no growth potential unless it diversifies, which is tricky because then you start competing with the company you manufacture for. And as for speculating. The point about speculating with pennystocks, is you are looking for the outlier that will give you 100 or 200% growth - once you know that an offer is going to be made, why speculate any further - unless you think that they are foolish enough to pay 100% more than what they can get on the open market?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Beige has been a dog for the last ten years... I've head of fairy princesses kissing frogs, but not dogs, so no luck there.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I punted this at 4 / 5 cents. It was cheap. It remains cheap. I sold when it ran and took profit; and have begun to buy back. I will accumulate exposure to 6 million of these and carry them. This company is cheap!! As for this "contract maufacturer nonsense - so what! So are ASPEN and PIONEER FOODS among others.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I punted this at 4 / 5 cents. It was cheap. It remains cheap. I sold when it ran and took profit; and have begun to buy back. I will accumulate exposure to 6 million of these and carry them. This company is cheap!! As for this "contract maufacturer nonsense - so what! So are ASPEN and PIONEER FOODS among others.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The group also holds 2 packaging companies and manufactures a fair range of its own products. She also has extensive property holdings. She is entering the generic manufaturing arena too. Stocks that do nothing for years are often the ideal investment for the future - provided that the investor "times" his entry correctly. LION MATCH was obliged by stock market regulations to offer 8c to minoriteis since that was the price that they paid for their stake. Why did LION manufacturing take a 34%+ stake in this company? I will happily expose a small portion of my speculative portfolio to this risk. In addition - I am earning 11% tax free on this position.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Definitely not Pioneer foods - which owns its own brands. And Aspen neither. Beige is contracted to manufacture products, pure and simple. It doesn't set the price of the end product, so it has no ability to play with margins. Aspen is in complete control of the end price. They might not own a brand, but they own the generic product
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The group also holds 2 packaging companies and manufactures a fair range of its own products. She also has extensive property holdings. She is entering the generic manufaturing arena too. Stocks that do nothing for years are often the ideal investment for the future - provided that the investor "times" his entry correctly. LION MATCH was obliged by stock market regulations to offer 8c to minoriteis since that was the price that they paid for their stake. Why did LION manufacturing take a 34%+ stake in this company? I will happily expose a small portion of my speculative portfolio to this risk. In addition - I am earning 11% tax free on this position.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
PIONEER has intricate franchise arrangements (and partnership rights in the local manufaturing / distribution ventures) with PEPSI / HEINZ / JOHN WEST and others. She does NOT own these brands! ASPEN is a glorified contract manufacturer but has secured local distribution rights etc. So - wgile they may be higher up the food chain - they are still contract manufacturers. BEG has market cap of R150 million. AND it is trading below TNAV. It most certainly can - and in my view - will grow!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I will, in short, be to be among the minorities. SKAAPTJOP - If one is lloking for speculative positions - the criteria are vey different from mainstream investment holdings. I am not advocating a "beige" for everyman - but I "gets my kicks" (as the song goes) from this kind of little stock. I suppose, as always,- time will tell and we will revisit this argument in due course.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Yep dont waste your time on Junk!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and they keep on buying companies and then finding all sorts of problems .. further if they widen margins the companies they contract for will see (as results published) and squeeze them, so no space for margin growth ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Oh please - this is less "junk" than IMPLATS or GFIldfields - and we are all happy to trade those. Point is everything has its place. I recall a similar argument wabout MTA at R4 / KAP R1,7 / TAS 40c. I am putting my money where my mouth is BEG gives me a rich dividend and I will allocate 2,5% of my speculative portfolio. 5c in 10c out and back in at 8 gives me a 3c carrying cost.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I can just as easily build a compelling argument for why contract manufacturing of "bulks" (especially chemicals) is the furture for consumer companies. All the more so in emerging (and high risk) markets and in a world where capital is scarce. Then there is the trend toward intense brand management by the holding companies who have no interest in managing chemical factories all over the world. TAnd what of the issue of labour - the more stress on labour brokers, the more of a trend there will be toward outsourced manufacturing. That all adds up to increased margins. I have even convinced myself. In fact I think I will build my exposure up to 10 million BEG's. LoL
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Oh yes - and EQS when I told you that the thing was trading at just over 1x cash development at R6!
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
THRESHOLD, the fact that you have posted three consecutive and increasingly emotional posts on why BEG is a great punt makes me think that its position in your spec portfolio is slightly larger than just 2,5%... Perhaps a LOT larger. Perhaps you are overexposed to BEG. Perhaps...
0 Kudos