Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what a pathetic open

Not applicable
is 500 pts the best we can do?
0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
john_1
Super Contributor
I totally agree I thought we would be at 18375 at least..I see I said 19375 last night (error)
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It's going to be a long and agonizing day for the bears.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
im guessing this gap is not going to close today and we will rally til +-18400?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Chartist? I think we're just following the ASX, they haven't done too well, only 51 pips at the moment. Possibly just that resources don't seem to be the flavour of the moment? Either way, today is a GREEN day. This is such a lekker market to trade. It was amazing yesterday! From the moment the JPY and the USD lost ground, specifically when the USD broke through 1.2585/2600, the DOW just rocketed straight up!
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
Dow futures are down. doesnt install alot of confidence. we will just follow tomorrow, surely a short going into this evening? or is this just due to the huge last hour rally being checked?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow, trading in a dead straight line, break out up or down will make a nice trade.. patience
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow, trading in a dead straight line, break out up or down will make a nice trade.. patience
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Break out upside, worth going long now?
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Who agrees,this rally is just on no volume at all. Smelling a little like fish, must be a grizzly that been eating salmon.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I recon the money is on the short side...this is just the most pathetic open in history...nobody is buying into the good news story...I am sitting waiting for a gap close.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
I agree, same on the DOW, only half the volume when compared to the 10th Oct, but it can still go some if DOW futures pick up because this rally is purely sentiment driven. Like Simon said "off the back of Wal Mart performance" ????? More important, when you look at daily and weekly charts the DOW rally only pulled back to the centre of the 2nd deeper regression channel and it's nowhere near the primary channel.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Relax. I think we might get 18400
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The open was not inspiring but I doubt very much we'll get a gap close today before the US interest rate announcement. And if we get anything more than a 0.5% cut we'll rally strongly, setting up some great shorting opportunities later on...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
mini h&s on the ALSI, if 18000 fails to hold we're likely to test the lows of today. 200 pts down to 17800
0 Kudos
Not applicable
today's ALSI trending ever so perfectly, the failed mini h&s can now take us to at least 18350...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Wena , u still have your BIL's ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, selling half at 159.85 or wherever we look likely to close at 16:50. Keeping half overnight...
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Dj Futures just turned green and VIX is lower at 66.96 came down nicely from 80 something yesterday.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Wena, I'm interested, how do you work out your target??
0 Kudos